Last Updated on December 20, 2021 by Sagar
Social media platforms play a huge role in business success. They allow you to improve your brand and make it more profitable and influential. And easy as it is, these aims can be achieved with one feature application like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook offer — a boosting option.
Boosting posts is one of the easiest ways to reach out to more people and strengthen your position and prevalence on social media. This option is predominantly straightforward and comes in handy when you don’t have a full-fledged and detailed marketing strategy.
Put blatantly, all you need to do is generate content, for example, use free Instagram story templates to make your social media presence attractive, and employ a boosting option. Voila, now both your stories and your posts circulate social media and engage people.
But, since several social networks exist, using a boosting option varies from one platform to another. Below, you will find a quick guide to boosting your post and attaining the ultimate goal.
Boosting posts on social media: Why push them upward?
People have their reasons for promoting their posts. For some, it’s a great tool to double the number of followers. For others, this option helps compensate for a weak marketing plan, thus maintaining a positive inflow of clients.
Either way, a boosting option is the first thing to utilize to improve your profile. And here is why: unlike a paid ads feature, where you need to have an accurate strategy, a boosting option requires no preparation. You can boost an existing post or do it with the incoming one. Plus, it’s affordable; boosting a post once in a while won’t break the bank, but the outcomes of such an option will be evident.
Employing available options
Now that we have defined a boosting option, let’s focus more on the procedure you have to meet to apply the feature successfully.
- Instagram: Go to your business profile and pick the post you want to boost. Upon doing that, you will be able to set an audience, goal, budget, and duration. The rest is on the moderator. They will review the post and approve it once it meets the regulations.
- Facebook: Similarly, go to a business page and choose the post. Apart from the mentioned options, Facebook lets you create CTA. You may also connect your Instagram account with Facebook and roll out boosted posts on both networks at once.
- Twitter: Tap on Promote the Tweet, choose your place of residence, time zone, and provide basic contact information. You should also agree to the app’s terms and conditions on advertising. Once done, provide your debit/credit card info and billing address and set the budget.
- LinkedIn: Select the post and click the Boost button. Then, choose the goal, audience, language, location, and other necessary criteria. Set the budget and timing, provide your billing information and boost a chosen post.
Taking a step further: A more thoughtful approach toward boosting a post
As seen above, boosting a post indeed is a simple process. But without knowing your audience and some basic analytics, uplifting a post may not be as effective as it typically is. The following tips will help you benefit from a boosting option and make sure it attracts the most people to your post.
- Compose a persona: Before promoting the post, ensure to determine who your average receiver is, along with their purchasing behavior.
- Evaluate previous posts: Analyzing your previous posts, especially those that’d been promoted before, will shed light on what to do to captivate followers.
- Dwell upon various components: It’s imperative to consider several angles before boosting a post. The post you intend to boost should contain compelling text, call-to-action, and visuals.
A boosting feature is a universal tool. However successful your brand might be, using this option is a win-win in many ways. This article entails fundamentals on a boosting option and its benefits. Besides, it provides a short manual on how to use the feature on various social media. Have you used the option before? Was it successful? Share your experience!