Hey friends, Have you locked your Airtel SIM card by mistake and been asked to enter the Airtel PUK code? I know most of you would have done this once in your life.
This situation arises mostly when we lock our Airtel SIM card and forget the password.
The Airtel PUK code doesn’t bother us much until we restart the phone or insert the SIM in another phone. We look for PUK code of Airtel, after entering the wrong SIM password for 3 times
In a broad sense, you should understand that your Airtel Sim was locked, not your phone. So the problem of asking PUK code in Airtel is something different.
Hence this can’t be solved simply by doing the factory reset of the phone. We have to follow some official methods to get the PUK code for Airtel.
But before that let us know little bit about What is PUK security code?
What is the Airtel PUK code?
The PUK code stands for the personal unlocking key. This feature is available on every mobile to secure your SIM card data. The user gets benefited by protecting the information contained in the SIM card.
Just like you enter the password on your phone, similarly, you can lock and protect your SIM as well. People use this option to prevent SIM card details from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
A SIM card typically comes with a default associated 4digit PIN. This original PIN comes into use when you try to lock your SIM. You will also need the default pin if you want to change the default pin to a custom pin.
But if you attempt to do a SIM PIN Lock, and you fail to guess the original PIN 3 times, the SIM will be locked
After this, you need to enter PUK (personal unlocking key) to unlock your SIM card. If an incorrect PUK is entered more than ten times, the SIM card will be permanently blocked.
Friends I have got some Secret tricks to get 20GB+ Airtel free data 2021. These tricks will really help you out after reaching the daily data limit. You will come to know about 10+ genuine ticks to access free Airtel internet with high speed.
Airtel SIM Default PUK code
Before proceeding further, you should know what is the default pin of Airtel SIM.
Generally, all operators keep their default 4-digit PIN either 4 times “0” (0000) or 1234. Since we are talking about Airtel, its default pin is 1234.
So when you try to unlock your Airtel SIM, you will be asked to enter a 4 digit code.
You can also change the default Pincode and set the pin as per your wish.
Now, let us know how to get Airtel PUK code easily by using these 3 official methods –
1. Get PUK code for Airtel SIM using Airtel customer care number
A. Call this number – 121 / 111
- Airtel customer care can help you out to know your Airtel PUK code.
- Just dial 121 or 111 and get connected to a customer support representative.
- Tell them about the PUK problem. The customer support agent will ask you certain questions to verify your Airtel SIM card ownership.
- In my case, I was only asked about my Date of Birth. That’s it, after the verification, you will get the Airtel PUK sim code.
- Note down the PUK number carefully and use it to unblock the Airtel SIM.
Dial 121 or 111 -> Tell them about the PUK problem -> verify your Airtel SIM card ownership -> get the Airtel PUK sim code
B. Call this number – 198
- If you want to get the Airtel PUK code without talking to the customer care representative, then dial 198.
- Carefully listen to the Interactive voice response systems or IVRS.
- You have to wait and listen attentively unless the word PUK comes.
- After choosing the PUK option, you will be asked whether you want to know the PUK code of your Airtel SIM or the PUK code of another Airtel SIM.
- Choose as per your need. For confirmation purposes, you would be asked to give some details like Date of Birth, SIM card number, Name of the owner, etc.
- After the successful verification, you will get your 8 digit PUK number.
- Note this carefully, as your PUK number will be changed after 3 unsuccessful attempts.
- And if this happens, you will have to repeat the process.
Dial 198 -> Listen to the IVRS -> Choose the PUK option -> Select PUK code of another Airtel SIM -> Give details get like DOB -> Get your 8 digit PUK number
C. Contact Airtel Customer Care executive directly
12150– This is the official number of Airtel to get the Airtel PUK code. You can use this number to contact the Airtel customer executive directly without any hustle.
D. Know PUK code in Airtel directly by calling this number
Dial 123 and you will hear the word PUK in the second option.Press button ” 2 “ and know your Airtel PUK core easily
Friends I have got some Secret tricks to get 20GB+ Jio free data 2021. These tricks will really help you out after reaching the daily data limit. You will come to know about 10+ genuine ticks to make Jio free recharge to enjoy high-speed internet.
2. Get the PUK code of Airtel through SMS
Contacting customer service is annoying and time-consuming too. It also takes time to listen and choose the right option from IVRS.
Nowadays it is difficult to contact Airtel customer service executives. Sometimes we are asked to wait for a long time and even after waiting we are not given any details to unlock the Airtel PUK code.
So if you want to know the PUK code in Airtel without calling customer care, then you have another option of SMS.
There are two ways of doing this-
1. By using the LAPU(Local Area Payment Unit) Airtel SIM
LAPU SIM cards are those SIM cards that are used to recharge for any other number or DTH.
You might have remembered that there was a time when we used to go to mobile recharge stores to make recharges. So the sim used to recharge in those days is called LAPU or Local Area Payment Unit sim. These SIM cards are available only with Airtel retailers.
So if you want to get rid of doing things yourself, you can meet Airtel retailers and ask them to find your Airtel SIM PUK.
In case they do not know how to find PUK, you can take their mobile with LAPU sim inserted in it and follow the procedure given below
- Go the message box
- Type PUK1 mobile number
- For example, If you want to know the Airtel PUK code for the number 0123456789 then type PUK1 0123456789
- Send this message to 59222
Wait for a while and you will be replied with the PUK number
Want to set your favorite songs as your caller tune? If you just want to replace that old boring thing-triing sound with a new trending song that too for absolutely free of cost, then definitely have a look at How to set caller tune Airtel for free?
2. By using normal Airtel SIM/By using USSD codes
Use your normal SIM card to find the Airtel PUK code. You can simply use some less known USSD codes to get PUK code in Airtel
If you do not want to visit the Airtel retailer store, you can get the Airtel PUK code using any other mobile. For this purpose, you can use the phone of your friend, relatives, or any member of your family. You just need to take their phone and dial the USSD codes given below
Apply the following steps to get the puk code of your airtel number through SMS
- Dial this USSD code *121*51#
- A popup message will appear on your screen. Tap OK
- Wait for a second, and you will get another pop-up message with some options.
- Find the option for PUK. Reply with the PUK option
- In the next popup box, you will be asked to select
- PUK For you
- PUK for others
- In both the option you have to give your Date of Birth for the confirmation.
- After successful verification, Airtel PUK will be shown to you.
3. Get Airtel PUK Code from MY AIRTEL App
You have the option to use the official My Airtel app to know the Airtel PUK code.
- Download My Airtel App from the playstore
- Open the app
- After the installation, You will see the Airtel Thanks page. Tap Continue to proceed
- On the next page enter your Mobile number to receive the OTP
- After the registration, you can see your My Airtel account.
- On the home page, Tap on 3 horizontal bars present on the lower right corner
- Go to Help and Support section
- On the shown search bar, just type PUK
- You will see I want to know my PUK number as an autosuggestion. Tap on it
- Next page will show you the PUK code of Airtel, once you tap on here button
This method doesn’t work if you have locked the SIM card by mistake.
However, if that PUK locked number is already logged into the MY Airtel app, it will help you.
This is because while logging in, an OTP will be sent to the number. And if sim is already locked then no OTP will be received
Friends, all these tricks are the way to unlock Airtel PUK. Similarly, if you are facing the problem of PUK lock in another sim like Idea then you can go to our other blog post to get Idea PUK code and unblock your Idea SIM card.
Do not worry if you have locked your SIM and forgotten your password. Just follow these simple methods and unlock Airtel SIM in few minutes. If you still have any problems, please comment below. And we will try to tell you some other alternatives to unlock the Airtel Puk code