Hey friends, Have you locked your Airtel SIM card by mistake and been asked to enter the Airtel PUK code? I know most of you would have done this once in your life.
This situation arises mostly when we lock our Airtel SIM card and forget the password.
The Airtel PUK code doesn’t bother us much until we restart the phone or insert the SIM in another phone. We look for PUK code of Airtel, after entering the wrong SIM password for 3 times
In a broad sense, you should understand that your Airtel Sim was locked, not your phone. So the problem of asking PUK code in Airtel is something different.
Hence this cant be solved simply by doing the factory reset of the phone
We have to follow some official methods to get the PUK code for Airtel.
But before that ,lets know little bit about What is PUK security code?
Also read:- Top 10 best dialer apps for android in 2020
What is the Airtel PUK code?
The PUK code stands for the personal unlocking key. This feature is available on every mobile to secure your SIM card data. The user gets benefited by protecting the information contained in the SIM card.
Just like you enter the password on your phone, similarly, you can lock and protect your SIM as well. People use this option to prevent SIM card details from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
A SIM card typically comes with a default associated 4digit PIN. This original PIN comes into use when you try to lock your SIM. You will also need the default pin if you want to change the default pin to a custom pin.
But if you attempt to do a SIM PIN Lock, and you fail to guess the original PIN 3 times, the SIM will be locked
After this, you need to enter PUK (personal unlocking key) to unlock your SIM card. If incorrect PUK is entered more than ten times, the SIM card will be permanently blocked.
Airtel SIM Default PUK code
Before proceeding further, you should know what is the default pin of Airtel SIM.
Generally, all the operators keep their default 4 digit pin either as 4 times “0”(0000) or 1234. Since we are talking about Airtel its default pin is 1234.
So when you will try to unlock your Airtel Sim, you will be asked to enter the 4 digit code. You use 1234 to unlock your sim.
You can also change the default Pincode and set the pin as per your wish.
Now, let us know how to get Airtel PUK code easily by using these 3 official methods –
1. Get PUK code for Airtel SIM using Airtel customer care number
A. Call this number -121 / 111
- Airtel customer care can help you out to know your Airtel PUK code. Just dial 121 or 111 and get connected to a customer support representative.
- Tell them about the PUK problem. The customer support agent will ask you certain questions to verify your Airtel SIM card ownership.
- In my case, I was only asked about my Date of Birth. That’s it, after the verification, you will get the Airtel PUK sim code.
- Note down the PUK number carefully and use it to unblock the Airtel SIM.
B. Call this number – 198
- If you want to get the Airtel PUK code without talking to the customer care representative, then dial 198.
- Carefully listen to the Interactive voice response systems or IVRS.
- You have to wait and listen attentively unless the word PUK comes.
- After choosing the PUK option, you will be asked whether you want to know the PUK code of your Airtel SIM or the PUK code of another Airtel SIM.
- Choose as per your need. For confirmation purposes, you would be asked to give some details like Date of Birth, SIM card number, Name of the owner, etc.
- After the successful verification, you will get your 8 digit PUK number.
- Note it down carefully, because after 3 failed attempts again your PUK number will be changed.
- And if this happens, you will have to repeat the process.
C. Contact Airtel Customer Care executive directly
12150– This is the official number of Airtel to get the Airtel PUK code. You can use this number to contact the Airtel customer executive directly without any hustle.
D. Know PUK code in Airtel directly by calling this number
Dial 123 and you will hear the word PUK in the second option.Press button ” 2 “ and know your Airtel PUK core easily
Also read: 10+ best wireless mouse under 1000
2. Get the PUK code of Airtel through SMS
Contacting customer service is annoying and time-consuming too. It also takes time to listen and choose the right option from IVRS.
Nowadays Airtel customer care executives are also not available hence our calls dont get connected.
So if you want to know the PUK code in Airtel without calling customer care, then you have another option of SMS.
There are two ways of doing this-
1. By using the LAPU(Local Area Payment Unit) Airtel SIM
LAPU SIM cards are those SIM cards that are used to recharge for any other number or DTH.
You may remember that there was a time when we used to go to mobile recharge stores to do mobile recharge.
So the SIM that was used to do recharges during those days is called LAPU SIM.
These SIM cards are only available with Airtel retailers.
So if you want to get rid of doing things yourself, you can meet Airtel retailers and ask them to find your Airtel SIM PUK.
In case they do not know how to find PUK, you can take their LAPU sim card inserted mobile and follow the procedure given below
- Go the message box
- Type PUK1 mobile number
- For example, If you want to know the Airtel PUK code for the number 0123456789 then type PUK1 0123456789
- Send this message to 59222
Wait for a while and you will be replied with the PUK number
2. By using normal Airtel SIM
Use your normal SIM card to find the Airtel PUK code.
This method sometimes does not work on some phones. Nevertheless, you can try it.
- Dial this USSD code *121*51#
- A popup message will appear on your screen. Tap OK
- Wait for a second, and you will get another pop-up message with some options.
- Find the option for PUK. Reply with the PUK option
- In the next popup box, you will be asked to select
- PUK For you
- PUK for others
- In both the option you have to give your Date of Birth for the confirmation.
After successful verification, Airtel PUK will be shown to you.
Get Free Airtel Data – Secret tricks to get 5GB+ Airtel free data 2021
3. Get Airtel PUK Code from MY AIRTEL App
You have the option to use the official My Airtel app to know the Airtel PUK code.
- Download My Airtel App from the playstore
- Open the app
- After the installation, You will see the Airtel Thanks page. Tap Continue to proceed
- On the next page enter your Mobile number to receive the OTP
- After the registration, you can see your My Airtel account.
- On the home page, Tap on 3 horizontal bars present on the lower right corner
- Go to Help and Support section
- On the shown search bar, just type PUK
- You will see I want to know my PUK number as an autosuggestion. Tap on it
- Next page will show you the PUK code of Airtel, once you tap on here button
This method doesn’t work after setting the SIM lock.
That means if your SIM card was locked by mistake, you cannot use these steps.
However, if the number that you had put into password protection, is already logged in into the MY JIO app then this will help you out.
It is because while logging in, an OTP will be sent to the number.
And no OTP will be received if the SIM was already locked
Visit here- How to get call details in idea
So guys don’t worry if you have locked your sim and forgot your password. Just follow these simple and real methods and unlock Airtel SIM swithin one minute