Last Updated on August 23, 2022 by Sourav Sahu
Technology is all around us. Smartphones have provided people with the possibility to communicate, learn, create, and perform any imaginable daily activity. Video conferences have proved to be a reliable solution for business management in the situation of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Robots can cope with household chores, do the shopping, write music and create art masterpieces with equal proficiency.
Augmented reality substitutes real environments. 3D printers build houses. With all the progress it is difficult to define an action that only a human being can perform. What is the role of a man in an environment where everything is digitalized?
When we come to the sphere of IT, the scale of the opportunities of computer programs and software becomes staggering. Developers are looking for solutions to create sophisticated projects to sell them to potential customers as soon as possible.
In this article, we will speculate on the tools available on the market and try to understand if there is still a place for creativity in the sphere of web development where tools and solutions can be found in the open-source, copied, and implemented straight away.
The most widely known arguments for the detrimental effect of technologies are the following.
Disadvantages of Technology
First, video games have scenarios that force the players to follow them. Second, instead of dreaming and reflecting on daily events, children and teens now scroll the feed and watch Reels or Tik Tok videos before going to sleep.
Shorter attention span.
Due to social media the attention span today is only about 5 seconds, and it is difficult to concentrate on some routine activity for more than 20 minutes even for a grown-up person.
A template for any task.
Open up a Google disk and choose a template for any document you need, let it be a CV, a report, a business letter, or a project proposal. There is no need to come up with a new design.
Benefits of Technology
The above-mentioned ideas are always under the belt of the caring parents every time they need to take a tablet away from their beloved offspring. However, people tend to feel sceptical about everything new and sometimes we do not notice the benefits just because we are not used to exploiting them.
- Video games improve reaction, strengthen the decision-making process, and enhance strategic thinking.
- Videos on social media can boost personal creativity and wake up the desire to invent something.
- A shorter attention span allows modern young people to faster understand if the material is worth paying attention to. They scan texts and can read more in a shorter period.
- Templates are only forms that are ready to be filled with any information. So they do not steal the opportunity to reveal our creativity, on the contrary, we do not lose time on routine structuring of our reports, but focus on the contents more.
Thus, a preliminary conclusion is that technology is enhancing and supporting creativity. Due to technology we learn to adapt faster, we concentrate on the essence of the material while profiting from ready-made solutions for the structure and form.
Turning to web development, the logic is the same. We will ground our reasoning on the example of a UI library.
A UI library is a set of components that are used for quick prototyping. In other words, developers use the components as bricks to build the wall of their projects. If the bricks are already created, where is the space for creativity?
Webix UI library is a collection of JS widgets that can be used independently or integrated into any environment. Besides the widgets, the library offers a collection of templates to cope with various typical requirements, such as an e-commerce terminal template, a chat template, a task board template, a personal expenses template, and others.
Webix Jet micro framework allows developers to combine and logically bind the widgets for better performance. The list of features of the library includes:
- 100+ JS widgets for easy web development
- 13 complex SPA widgets
- Webix Jet micro framework
- UI Designer
- templates, dashboards, demos
- Code Snippet, Skin Builder, Form Builder
A great number of features can facilitate the job of a developer but kill the creativity in the bud. Or not. Remember, we have concluded that technology equips us with the form, while our task is to think of the filling. So, creativity steps in as soon as you start asking yourself the following questions:
- Where to use it? Creativity is in the way of library application. You will be surprised by how different the spheres are. This can be learned from the real showcases of Webix’s customers.
- How to use it? It is not just the monotonous work of a builder, it is as exciting as engineering.
- The manuals on the blog will help you with that. Typical components can be combined in new and unusual ways providing customers with extraordinary solutions and nontrivial results.
With all the opportunities that a modern human has, technologies do appear to be a blessing for society. They make our lives more convenient, we tend to do more and to learn faster. Technologies are the tools that we can benefit from while applying our creative potential to designing new projects.